PLEASE SHARE THIS
I've been investigating the Adani mine project quite extensively these last few months. I have spoken to the Prime Minister and Matt Canavan this week, asking them to put a stop to Adani owning this vital rail infrastructure project and instead we build it as a national piece of infrastructure.
Imagine if we owned an asset that was making us money again....
Most young people wouldn't remember the days when the Government owned money making assets, because we flogged them all off to overseas buyers.
While I support the mine going ahead, I do not agree with letting Adani build and own the rail line with our money.
Here are the facts for you to decide:
• We are about to lend up to $1 billion dollars for Adani to build a $2 billion dollar railway in Central Queensland.
• The rail line will measure approximately 310km in length and run from the mine to port.
• The rail will carry 60 million tonnes of coal each year for Adani
• The mine will have a life expectancy of 60 years
• 60 million tonnes of coal, multiplied by 60 years = 3.6 billion tonnes of coal
• Coal trains in the Hunter Valley pay cartage to get their coal from mine to port by the tonne.
• If the Australian Government were to build the rail line for $2 billion dollars and charge Adani $5 dollars per tonne for its service (approx half the regular rate) it would earn the Australian people $300 million per year.
• If the Australian Government charged Adani the full standard cartage rate of $10 dollars per tonne, it would earn the Australian people $600 million per year.
• It's understood other mines in the Central Queensland Coal Basin will also be using the rail line to cart similar amounts of coal from mine to port. But if the railway line is owned by Adani, they'll be forced to pay between $300 million and $600 million dollars which will end up going to another multinational company to take out of the country.
• We can own this rail line ourselves and over its 60 life, earn in excess of $36 billion dollars for a simple $2 billion dollar investment. If we allow other mines to use the track too, it will earn us over $100 billion dollars over the 60 year life.
I might be a fish and chip lady to some of you, but I was a bloody good business women. Our Government are treating our country like a latenight Demtel commercial. Instead of giving away steak knives, we're throwing in a railway line, royalty free periods and the list goes on. WAKE UP AUSTRALIA, we're not some cheap giveaway product.
Something stinks about this deal we're about to do. It's time we make a little bit of noise and change the Governments way of thinking before we lose this great infrastructure project to another multinational.
#Auspol #OneNation #PaulineHanson #Adani #Mining #Coal #Train
Video Loading ...
Pauline Hanson wants to stop Adani owning the rail line