EVENING NEWS | Powered By Barkada County, Jhajjar Kotli, Jammu
1. The Border Security Force (BSF) today unearthed a 14-feet-long tunnel near the zero line in Arnia sector which was being dug from the Pakistani side, scuttling a major infiltration bid and a possible terror attack.
2. Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today inaugurated the Pratham-Shyok bridge that will link Leh to Karakoram, providing connectivity on the strategically important Darbuk-Shyok-Daulat Beg Olde axis for military transport.
3. Dussehra festival, which marks the triumph of good over the evil, reminding us about the victory of Lord Rama over Lanka king Ravana, was celebrated with great religious fervor and enthusiasm across the region today.
4. RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat today asked the central government to keep national security in mind while taking a decision on Rohingyas who are seeking shelter in the country.
5. RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat backed on Saturday “activists” working for protection of cows from smuggling and slaughter, saying that it was “amply clear” that they have not been involved in acts of violence.
6. Congress leader P Chidambaram on Saturday criticised the bullet train project, saying it will be a demonetisation-like move “which will kill everything else”, and suggested that the money should instead be spent on improving rail safety.
7. Chinese envoy to India Luo Zhaohui has said it was time for India and China to turn the old page and start a new chapter, stressing that the countries have made a lot of progress at bilateral level.
8. People across the country celebrated Dussehra with traditional fervour today as two Cabinet ministers joined the troops in the festivities, but the mood was sombre in Mumbai which mourned the death of 23 people in a railway station stampede.
9. RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat said today that "necessary constitutional amendments" are needed for the people of Jammu and Kashmir to be "completely assimilated" with the rest of the country.
10. Home minister Rajnath Singh said on Saturday that people living along the China border were the country’s “strategic assets”, and directed the frontier guarding force ITBP to ensure that they did not migrate as this would put India’s security at risk.
11. Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today spent Dussehra festival with the troops at Siachen and other forward locations in the Ladakh region and conveyed to them the government's commitment to support them in all circumstances.